Learn how to have a safe and comfortable train ride.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many of our standard procedures listed below have been temporarily modified. Please visit our special events page to get all of the current details on planning your ride and purchasing your tickets online.
- Purchase tickets online for all of our scheduled rides and special events. Any remaining tickets for our scheduled rides not sold will be available at the ticket window(s) at the boarding location for that specific trip.
- Seats are not assigned and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Train schedules show the time the train leaves the station, so please arrive at least 30-45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Trains run rain or shine, so dress accordingly. You may experience wind, rain, cold, heat, and/or strong sun depending on the season, so we recommend that you wear a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, and appropriate layers for changing weather conditions.
You can purchase snacks and beverages on the train. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks if you like. Carry in/carry out is preferred, but we do have trash receptacles and recycle bins throughout the train for your use.
Your safety is our highest priority while on the railroad, so please:
- Keep your head, hands, and body inside the train at all times.
- Do not allow children to climb or sit on top of railings or any other place not intended for passengers to sit or stand.
- Follow all instructions from the train crew.
Closed-toe shoes are strongly recommended.
Pets & Service Animals
Pets are not allowed on our trains, but we do allow genuine service animals.
Our historic railroad cars board using steps, but we can accommodate a small number of mobility-limited passengers on each train using a lift. Once on board, wheelchair passengers can move around somewhat depending on the width of their chair, but the aisle in the passenger cars is not wide enough for most modern wheel chairs.
We are usually able to accommodate passengers with special needs, but please contact us before your ride, and we will do our best to accommodate you.